WELCOME TO ELEMENTS OF FUN LEARNING CURRICULUM for Homeschooling
Weeks 1-12 are now up and running. And it is free for the 2018-2019 year! I am making sure that all the links work and everything is connected. If you find any broken links, let me know.
This curriculum is a Journey Through Movies and utilizes Disney movies. It is designed to teach multiple children and different ages all at the same time. We accomplish this through hands-on experiences and by using Disney movies, corresponding books, and learning activities and games. This will engage and excite children into learning about the world around them.
Elements of Fun Learning Curriculum will even have you excited about learning! In addition, each subunit in Elements of Fun Learning Homeschool Curriculum focuses on a Disney movie. If you don’t like a particular movie, you are free to skip it. If you find your child immersed in a learning activity or a particular topic, keep exploring that topic. Do not rush to get through the curriculum, but allow it to foster learning.
GET YOUR YEAR ONE ELEMENTS OF FUN LEARNING SCHEDULE HERE!
COME BACK OFTEN TO GET MORE INFORMATION about Elements of Fun Learning Curriculum: Year One, Weeks 1-12 is now available. START HERE! In addition, you have the opportunity to follow us on Facebook Page HERE!
[bctt tweet=”In Every Job That Must Be Done There is An Element of Fun. – A Spoonful of Sugar, Mary Poppins” username=”pattyoh11″]
- If this is your first year homeschooling, congratulations! You have come to the right place. Often this can be scary for the newcomer, and sometimes it takes a while to get into the swing of things. Make sure to follow the facebook page and the Instagram page, ELEMENTS OF FUN LEARNING.
- If you have homeschooled in previous years, I am happy to see you continue on!
WHAT I BELIEVE:
- My philosophy on homeschooling is different from some others. I believe that children should play often, and they need adults to come alongside them and play with them.
- Although I am not anti-worksheet, I limit the number of worksheets and busy work that my kids do. When I think back to my school years, I cannot remember a worksheet that actually inspired me to want to learn more. Of course, if your child loves worksheets feel free to add them into the curriculum.
- I am a born-again Christian who wants to share my love of Jesus with everyone I meet. It is okay if you do not believe the same things I believe. We can still be friends and enjoy our love of Disney and homeschooling. I have designed this curriculum to have a Bible component that integrates with the rest of the lesson, however, it can easily be left out if you choose to do so.
HOW THE CURRICULUM IS SET-UP:
- Elements of Fun Learning is designed to slowly ease your way into the year during the first four weeks. I have found that too often curriculum starts with a bang and if you get behind in the early weeks, you get discouraged. Furthermore, there is just too much for your children to digest in a lot of curricula. This leads to discouragement.
- Elements of Fun is designed to get you and your children excited about learning. As Mary Poppins says, “In every job that must be done, there is an Element of Fun. You find the fun and snap! The jobs a game.”
- We are looking to find Elements of Fun while we learn. We are learning how to study our kids and find out what makes them tick. What do they get excited about? What makes them want to pick up a book and learn more?
- I have found that if you teach your children to love to learn they continue learning throughout the rest of their lives. Don’t teach them facts; teach them how to learn and the love of learning!
THE FIRST FOUR WEEKS:
- Week 1 Has you watching Disney Vacation Planning Videos and some videos that deal with the History of Walt Disney World and Disneyland, California. Your child will find out how far Walt Disney World and Disneyland is from their house. How long it takes to fly, drive, or walk (if it is possible).
- Our next week (2) we will watch Mickey’s Seeing the World (for younger children), and Disney’s Around the World in 80 Days – I have read many online complaints about this movie, but it is a Disney movie, and I personally like it. Additionally, it gives a great overview of many places and cultures.
- Week 3 and 4 We briefly talk about Fantasia and the elements in that film. We love FANTASIA in our house. The classical music is fantastic and the visual imagery inspires me.
After the first four weeks, every two weeks is dedicated to one movie. By setting up the units this way it allows you to really explore the movie – sights, sounds, and tastes. In each two week unit, you do the majority of your book work in the first week. However, I have set the second week aside for field trips, planning a big feast, and more fun activities. We are excited to bring your Elements of Fun Learning Curriculum, and we hope as you join us on this adventure, you and your family have as much fun as we do.