FALL PUMPKIN USING A PAPER TOWEL ROLL
or TOILET PAPER ROLL CRAFT
USE FOR LETTER P – FALL CRAFTS (VISITING THE ORCHARD) – THANKSGIVING CRAFTS
Fall – the Pumpkin Patch and the letter P. Here is a tutorial to Make a Pumpkin using a paper towel roll. It is fun and easy. I think most preschoolers will be frustrated with this, and so I recommend Kindergarten to 12 years old. I made one with the paper towel roll, and a smaller one. For more detailed instructions on the smaller version, see the apple craft here – Toilet paper roll craft.
MATERIALS FOR THE PUMPKIN CRAFT:
Construction paper (or cardstock) in orange, green and brown
Paper Towel Roll and/or Toilet Paper Roll
HOW TO DIRECTIONS using the paper towel roll:
1. Cut 2″ off the paper towel roll.
2. Cut a piece of paper – I used a lighter color – to cover the paper towel roll. I taped this piece of paper around the roll.
3. Cut eight (8) 1″ strips from the orange paper. (You will end up with strips that measure 11 X 1/2″. I cut 4 strips from darker orange paper.
4. Cut a pumpkin vine from the green paper.
5. Cut a stem from the brown paper.
6. Bend the paper strips about 1/2″ on either end. Put pieces of tape across one end of the orange paper strips.
7. Attach the paper strips to one end of the paper towel roll. Put the taped end inside the paper roll about 1/2″. I alternated back and forth across the paper towel roll.
8. Put pieces of tape across the other end of the orange paper strips.
9. Attach the paper strips to the other end of the paper towel roll following the same pattern as above.
10. Attach tape to one end of the brown stem. Insert the taped end into the paper roll.
11. Attach a small piece of tape to one end of the vines, and insert the taped end into the paper roll near the stem. I used two vines.
12. You have a pumpkin.
TOILET PAPER ROLL CRAFT: FALL PUMPKIN
I like the vivid colors of the cardstock, but you can use construction paper as well.
Homeschooling mom – 26 years and counting
Movie reviewer/Travel blogger