TOILET PAPER ROLL APPLE CRAFT
USE FOR LETTER A – FALL CRAFTS (VISITING THE ORCHARD) – SNOW WHITE CRAFTS
Here is a great craft for kids using a recycled toilet paper roll. Fun and easy. I think most preschoolers will be frustrated with this, and so I recommend Kindergarten to 12 years old. (I did make my own).
Construction paper (or cardstock) in Red, green and brown
Toilet paper roll
HOW TO DIRECTIONS:
1. Cut eight (8) 1″ strips from the red paper. (You will end up with strips that measure 8.5″ X 1″
2. Cut a leaf from the green paper.
3. Cut a stem from the brown paper.
4. I trimmed about 1″ off the red cardstock strips, but did not do that with the construction paper. The cardstock was definitely harder to work with.
5. Bend the paper strips about 1/2″ on either end. Put pieces of tape across one end of the red paper strips.
6. Attach the paper strips to one end of the toilet paper roll. Put the taped end inside the toilet paper roll about 1/2″. I alternated back and forth across the toilet paper roll.
7. Put pieces of tape across the other end of the red paper strips.
8. Attach the paper strips to the other end of the toilet paper roll following the same pattern as above.
9. Attach tape to one end of the brown stem. Insert the taped end into the toilet paper roll.
10. Attach a small piece of tape to one end of the leaf, and insert the taped end into the toilet paper roll near the stem.
11. Voila – you have an apple.
I like the vivid color of the cardstock, but I think the construction paper was more flexible and the outcome was better. I also think that I will try it again with glue and see how it comes out.
Thanks for visiting.
Patty @A Mother’s Random Thoughts