A Mother’s Random Thoughts (Patty) and Saving Up for Disney (Julie) welcome you back for round another fabulous Date Night Challenge. This Third Date Night Challenge is easy, and you can make it as simple or extravagant as time and your budget allows. Remember, it is not necessary to actually leave the house. You can stay home and “date” your spouse.
I (Patty) am very blessed to have a husband who goes along with my craziness. He rarely plans a date, but willingly accompanies me on any date I plan. So I decided we are going to have some dates that “we have never done before.”
Here are the rules:
- You need to do something you have never done before – eat at a new restaurant, eat a new cuisine, shop at a new store, go roller skating, ice skating, go dancing, take a cooking class together, etc.
- This is designed to do things you have never done before. You know how you always say, “someday we should eat at,” or “let’s stop at that store.” This date allows you to do those things.
- Make sure to talk with your spouse about your plans beforehand. There is nothing worse than getting somewhere and finding out that your worst fear is now being realized. Even though my husband and I dated for 4 years, after we were married a couple years, I found out that he hated the sight of blood.
- Shopping at a new store – maybe visit a thrift store or a high end department store
- Dinner at a new restaurant (or an old one that you have never visited)
- Visit a museum (art, history, science)
- Take a painting or ceramic class
- Re-enact a scene from your favorite movie
- Get a pizza with toppings that you have never tried
- If you want adventure try zip lining or rock climbing (there are indoor places popping up all over), or sky diving
- Volunteer at a local nursing home or soup kitchen
- Hot Air Balloon ride
- Rent a sports car
- Prepare a dinner using ingredients that you have never tried or cuisine from a culture that you have never tried before
- Take a DVD out of the library on how to Tango, Swing Dance, etc.
- Using You Tube find videos on how to, and do it together. Ideas: Dance, cook, bake bread, learn a new language
- You have 2 weeks to complete this Challenge. Make sure to link below by 12:05 AM EST, February 22, 2016. You can link up with a photo only posted on Facebook or Instagram!
- By linking, you give The Date Night Challenge Hosts permission to use your name and photo, and links to your social media accounts.
- We will pin, tweet, share, and promote our Date Night Challenge. We encourage you to visit other participants in this challenge, comment and share the love with them!