It is the year 2235, and the President of the Grand Republic has just opened a time capsule left by ME! I had the incredible idea to enclose 10 items left for others to see what life was like and what was important to me in the year 2015. Here is my list of what I would include:
1) My Bible – I do not know if books will be readily available. Although, it is hard to imagine a life without books, with technology taking over every area of our lives, it may be possible for books to be obsolete. I would want the world to know that I considered this the most important book that has ever been published.
2) Pictures of my family – Who was that crazy lady that left this time capsule? Now they know. In addition to any potential relatives having photos from previous generations, there is also the clothing and hairstyles to laugh at; Imagine the “I can’t believe they actually wore that” comments!
3) My library card, $20, and instructions to pay off my library fine. Currently, I only have $1.40 in fines, but with inflation I may owe more. Since, I constantly have some fine at the library, I am sure that I will die with an unpaid fine!
4) A packet of freeze-dried Astronaut Ice Cream with a Post-It note that says “Eat Me”. I would love to be a fly on the wall while watching someone eat it. I wonder if it will be better or worse than the food they eat at that time.
5) A list of the top 10 in 2014 – books, movies, songs, etc. It would be interesting to see if they have heard/read any of them.
6) A Slinky – just because!
7) A current newspaper – a lot can be learned from the newspaper including the ads and obituaries. What did people die from, and what did people buy?
8) A standard incandescent light bulb – 2014 definitely was a year that was not kind to the light bulb.
9) A lock of my hair and my husbands hair – relatives can test to see if they are in fact related to the famous people from 2015 that left that time capsule.
10) My current set of my car keys – at least I will know where I left them!